tirsdag 30. august 2011

A Weekend in Germany

Back in the Bergen rain after a nice weekend in Hamburg and Berlin. Here are some words 'n' pictures 'n' videos 'n' stuff.

We got up at 4am and travelled with KLM, my favourite airline. Berlin was hot on Friday – but not too hot for Curry Wurst (it apparently never is). Slept in Silke Bauer's apartment – she gave us the keys for the whole weekend. I love the level of trust in the indiepop scene. Taz.de atually wrote an article about this, you can read it here (if you know how to read german).

On Saturday we took the train to Hamburg – Schönes Wochenende ticket – a concept that I love. I do not, however, love being exposed to shitty parenting on a crowded train for 1 ½ hour… Na ja.
Having played on a Hamburg riverboat before I knew what was waiting this time, but I also knew that we were going to play together with our friends Honeyheads. 
It’s a lot more fun to play when you’re sharing the show with great people. Personally I think the concert was better this time – and the weather too!

Anders and Stian on MS Claudia. 

We spent the night in a girls's apartment. While we were there I kept thinking how cool it would have been if norwegian apartments could look a little more like hers, and they probably could if norwegians hadn’t been so obsessed with redecorating their homes in ridiculously boring styles. It seems “being interested in interior design” means the same as being interested in painting one’s walls white. Na ja…

Then we took the posh train to Berlin.

Before the gig the boys in the band wanted to watch football, but I wasn’t in the mood, so I went for a walk and ended up in the Victoriapark. Fell in love with the place. "Climbed" the Kreuzberg (66 metres high). 

The View from the top. 

Some kids were exploring the art of the area. 

Here's the Wasserturm where the gig was - a really nice venue.

The Boys admiring the Turm

And me relaxing before the gig. 

There were lots of people at the show. Tandbergh, a fellow norwegian, made some videos:

Go!


Are Philosophers Lonely?

Berlinbeat did an interview before the show. 

For those of you who are overly interested in the bunkers I told you about on the boat, there are some pictures here. This was my playground as a kid - mentioned in the song "The Saddest Boy in Town". 




Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar