onsdag 29. desember 2010

Märk hur vår skugga

Started listening to some Cornelis Vreeswijk tonight after some beer and akevit with my mum and dad. Among other great tracks the one called "Märk hur vår skugga" also known as Fredmans epistel nr. 81. Started to think of my obsession with Imperiets version of this song. In 2003 I used to walk around at one of the graveyards in Bergen (Solheim I think) and listen to this song over and over again.

I'm thankful that being an "emo" wasn't an option (as a subculture) when I was younger, or I would surely have been one. Clearly I was emo, but there wasn't a group of us.
Fun fact: I discovered Imperiet this way: I had a bit of a hang up on the sentence "Die Mauer im Kopf" (yes, these things happen...). This was early in 2001 and Napster was still going strong so I wrote "Die Mauer" in the search-field and waited for a while. Then a song popped up: Imperiet - Die Mauer. Whoha! It was great! I later found out that this song was wrongly labelled as Die Mauer is really an Ebba Grön song. But anyway. Rom byggdes inte på en dag. Mhm!

I ordered the trip back to Bergen today, by boat and the fabulous MS Nordstjernen. This picture is from back in the BDS-days:
For those of you who own the Reel around Me vinyl - you might recognize the flag in the corner.




Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar